Sunday, 20 July 2014

Zankyou No Terror {Prieview}

I searched for random Animes and founf thiiiis new treasure here! As you will read it's about two boys starting to terrorize Tokyo. The reasons behind it isn't clear (just two episodes out) BUT you already get many hints! At the end of this post I will write down all my ideas about what could have happened or what will happen in the future. I never heard of this Anime before and I did NOT read any wikis or whatever, so don't assume, that I will spoiler you or anything ;)

In an alternate version of the present, Tokyo has been decimated by a shocking terrorist attack, and the only hint to the identity of the culprit is a bizarre video uploaded to the internet. The police, baffled by this cryptic clue, are powerless to stop the paranoia spreading across the population.
(Rest of the introduction:) While the world searches for a criminal mastermind to blame for this tragedy, two mysterious children—children who shouldn't even exist—masterfully carry out their heinous plan. Cursed to walk through this world with the names Nine and Twelve, the two combine to form "Sphinx," a clandestine entity determine to wake the people from their slumber—and pull the trigger on this world.

The Characters:

[Kokonoe, Arata - Mishima, Lisa - Hisami, Touji]

These three are the main characters the story revolves around. As you can guess the two boys are the terrorists and the girl in the middle is a weak little pussy-cat that just got caught up in the middle of everything, because she cried sitting on a toilet. She could have run, as the blackout in the building where she was began. But she didn't.

Arata: He is quiet and always has a pokerface "With eyes like ice". He is the one who braught Lisa in as an accomplice...
Touji: He is kind of a little rascal. He seems to be super-intelligent but is very childish and playful. He has a very dark side.
Lisa: She is bullied in school and seemed to be afraid of jumping or hights or whatever. Anyway she lives with only her mother, who kind of terrorizes her permanently because her husband left her. I have great hopes in her character developement... but more of this at the end!


These are Arata (left) and Touji (right) in their online video. In this video they warn Tokyo about upcoming terror activities, they plan. In the first episode, they just talked about it mysteriously but in the second, they talked directly to the polie and gave them a riddle to solve. If they had solved it in time, they would have been able to stop the next bomb... but they didn't. I like the fact, that it's not impossible to stop the two boys...
Let's come to one of my favourite topics: 

Animation and Style!

Since several seasons, the CGI effects in Animes are getting better and better. I really like it, I always have been a fan of detailed pictures, nice flow of videos and awesome action scenes.
True: Some charm gets lost, when every Anime is made with so much CGI effects... Recently I have the feeling that the animation of every new anime looks the same. Even the style is very similar. I love detailed and strong drawing styles. I never really liked these "cute" drawings like in K-ON! (but I watched the first season, it was kawaii) or many other new animes.

But this Anime made me overthink it again. It has a nice art what can be seen best in close ups and the ending. I also think that the CGI effects really fit the plot and the style of Zankyou No Terror.
In the beginning of the first episode there is a very nice animated pursuit, when Arata and Touji steal something. I hoped, that they would make more action scenes like this... but they didn't. Anyway there only have been two episodes, yet. I don't think I'll be disappointed.

"VON" is what the boys wrote on the floor in the facility where they stole the chemical for their bombs. It was also found in one of the bombs they bombed the tower in the first episode with. What may it mean?

The music!

What I also really liked (and normally I always skip them) are the opening ...
... and the ending of Zankyou.

But what impressed me most was the background music. When you watch the anime please have an ear for it, it's very beautiful, I think. :)

Okay, so now my thaughts to this Anime~

1. In one episode, Arata has a bad dream, where he and Touji were still children and ran away from a burning building. There was one white-haired person with them, but when they had to climb over a fence, the third person didn't seem to make it. Arata wakes up from this nightmare,
Here are my thaughts:
  • I think there is a high possibility that those three have been in some kind of laboratory or something. Because they were very intelligent, even as children, they were probably able to escape from there.
  • The white haired person is still alive, I guess... when the story developes we will defeniteley find out more about where they have been as children and I AM SURE, that the white haired person will have a great comeback.
    • It may be cliché, but she/he might come back as an antagonist... as evil. That's what happens everytime and I strongly believe it will happen again.
  • I have a feeling that Arata was in love with her. In his dream, he cried hard and wanted "her" to make it. But she didn't. (And now I'm kind of believing, that there also will be some love-plot between the three main characters... more likely between Arata and Lisa.)
2. While Arata always has a cold but normal attitude, Touji is very hyper and having fun. On the other side, Touji seems to be much more cold blooded then Arata. While Lisa just seems to be a wreck.
  • I think that at one point in the story, Arata may have a breakdown or a change of mind and when this time comes, the full scale of Toujis crazyness will pour out of him. "Haven't we been through everything together?" "Why?" I strongly believe that stuff like this will happen.
  • Also, when I am right and the white-haired girl/boy (probably girl) is still alive, then there will defeniteley be some drama.
  • I also thaught about the possibility of Lisa becoming more and more of a wreck. I think it would be great (quite sad, but great) when she turns out to be more evil than all the others. I really hope for her to develope more, because in my opinion she is just some plain bullied wreck who is too shy and anxious right now.
3. "V-O-N" It's Aratas and Toujis trademark. They leave it at places they bombed (or stole from).
  • I think it's obvious, that we will come to see "VON" every time they do something. I don't know why and there is no hint in the two episodes about it.
  • It probably has something to do with their past. Maybe it's an initial the trio (Nine, Twelve, white-hair) had, some kind of... internal sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment